24/01/2010

A Good Day I Think


I thought yesterday was a good day. I figure 20,000 Canadians braving the winter weather to speak out against the proroguing of Parliament is pretty good too,

Here in Regina a couple of independent counts figure there were 300 people on the Scarth Street mall. We'd have gotten mre out of town protesters but the roads were pretty bad. Harper scoffs at the numbers but I wonder. If the shoe was on the other foot and I saw 230,000 people join on to a Facebook site in a couple of weeks and saw demos in over 50 communities across the country, I'd be worried.

I guess we'll see. Will the Olympics and the disaster in Haiti divert everyone's attention before these guys get back to work? I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or disagree, I would love to hear from anyone who visits the site