13/11/2009

Tear Down Those Walls


It has been an interesting week in the news. I was particularly interested in the coverage of the anniversary of the taking down the Berlin Wall. I am in my mid sixties so I lived through that cold war era and I read all those Len Deighton books - Game, Set, Match etc - written about spies that moved back and forth, from west to East, across that barrier, and back.

Much was made of the pressure put on the old Soviet Union by the west and by the end of the week I was getting a bit sick of hearing clips from that old fool Ronald Reagan saying "Mickel Gorbachov, tear down this wall."

All this got me thinking about the walls being built today by the Israelis and by the Americans. Questionable solutions to complex problems.

Just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or disagree, I would love to hear from anyone who visits the site