16/09/2009

Thinking of Kenora as the Flat Land


Yesterday I got a good start leaving Wawa and drove right through to Kenora, about 950 km. The last time through here I drove on to Winnipeg but that seemed a bit excessive yesterday.

I settled into the same hotel Chris and I stayed at on the way down. I was pretty relaxed but, when the time came for a beer and supper - my plan was to head for Casey's just across the parking lot - I noticed my left rear tire was flat.

I tried to change it but after getting three nuts off the others started to slip and I was smoothing out the edges of the wheel lugs. I called CAA. A small young woman and a very big truck finally turned up and we wrestled the wheel off and put on the spare..

I guess it is Canadian Tire first thing this morning.

So much for an early start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or disagree, I would love to hear from anyone who visits the site