16/08/2009

One Million Giraffes


I have found it tough to blog as much as I'd like, during the summer. It seems much easier in the winter when the weather is lousy and I don't want to go outside so, I have been slacking off a bit. Even a less than spectacular summer in Saskatchewan is still summer and we have to appreciate each and every day of it.

Some times it take a hook to draw me in.

I have to share with you one of the quirkiest website I have seen. Chris found it and tipped me off to it. The guy who created it says,

"My friend, Jørgen, doesn't believe I can collect one million giraffes by 2011. I'm gonna prove him wrong, but I need your help. You can create your giraffe(s) in any way you like, but not on a computer and no store bought objects. You must create your giraffe(s) yourself! Click here to read why. So far I've got 80.401 giraffes, so I need 919.599 more! And I have 502 days left to get them.
Let's show Jørgen how amazing the internet is."


So, this is your opportunity to help show Jørgen, it can be done. The task is daunting however. One million drawings is a lot. At this point he needs an average of 1237 a day to reach his mark.So I encourage you to draw a giraffe today and send a picture of it to the link above.

Christopher, always up for the challenge submitted a drawing with four giraffes in it. I promise to do mine soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or disagree, I would love to hear from anyone who visits the site