19/05/2009

It is spring but it sure ain't summer.


It continues to be a funny spring. We think it has really arrived and then it dips to zero, or below. Or, perhaps it is always like this. We are all so fed up with the cold we just really want it to be warm.

A great deal of it is fed by the garden stores that bring in truck loads of herbs, flowers and tomatoes that subsequently freeze in people's gardens.

I am not sure if that is a statement about optimism or greed.

No matter what I have some herbs in, a few onions are trying hard to poke up through the soil and we have a few things we are still putting out during the day and bringing back in in the evening.

Before I moved to Saskatchewan I always thought that after the long May weekend gardeners were safe. I've learned better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or disagree, I would love to hear from anyone who visits the site