05/11/2008

Two Down, None to go


OK I confess, I did watch some of the American election. I got sucked in by Jon Stewart and Colbert’s unique spin on election coverage and I hung in to see McCain concede.

Truth be told, I think Americans made the right choice. I was surprised by how close the popular vote was, almost neck and neck.

Obama is saying a lot of the right sorts of things and people have high expectations. It will be interesting to see how much he will be able to separate himself from the bureaucracy, the political machines and the military-industrial complex. Time will tell.

With two elections down it is a good time for Americans and Canadians to give some real thought to what we expect, who we elect and once the process is played out, how we hold their feet to the fire?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or disagree, I would love to hear from anyone who visits the site