01/11/2008

A Fine but Chilly Day

We wandered down to the hotel bar/restaurant about 9:00, sat in a window seat and had a tall black espresso and a warm, buttery croissant. What a great way to start the day.

It was chilly though. It hovered around freezing all day and it was windy so,in the shade, it was just like winter. When the sun came out it was beautiful.

We spent about five hours walking around the old city, slipping in and out of some amazing little shops. Quebec City really is one of my favorites. I wish I could figure out how to live here for a few months and work on my French which is getting pretty shaky.

Since we have been here I noticed posters for two entertainers who played the Regina Folk Festival. Pascal Picard, a Quebecoise who sings in English and Rupa and the April Fishes, an American Band. Rupa sings in English, French and Spanish. Seeing the April Fishes poster reminds me that there is a restaurant down the block called Poisson d'Avril.

We walked out again this evening and ate in a restaurant on the Casse-Cou stairs. Probably not the best choice but it was cold walking around.

Early up again tomorrow. We fly back to Regina in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or disagree, I would love to hear from anyone who visits the site