14/09/2008

What about gas prices?


I admit to being a bit confused by Saskatchewan voters. When I think about it I guess I am confused by Canadians generally who seem to be backing Harper in this election.
Harper says he is going to reduce the excise tax on diesel fuel by two cents and the farmers and the truckers send out a collective cheer although with the volatility of fuel prices, after a week or so they will never notice. What a good guy he is. Gas goes up by 12 cents the same day that a barrel of oil dipped below $100 a barrel and those same people still support a Prime Minister who refuses to do anything about that cost to consumers.
This increase is blamed on a hurricane in Texas when all our gas in Regina comes from Western Canada and is processed right here in Regina.
I don't know I guess I am just confused.
To see what the party leaders are saying try this link.

Try the CTV election site's election game above and to the left or to recap the election news stories so far try this one

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or disagree, I would love to hear from anyone who visits the site