01/05/2011

This Time I'm Working the Election

I have often worked on Election Day, driving people to polls or working as a candidate's representative or a scrutineer if you like.

This time I thought I'd give something else a try. Several weeks ago I applied on-line to Elections Canada saying I'd like to work for them. They hired me, I have been trained and Monday, will spend the whole day working as a poll clerk.

It should be fun working the election in a totally non partisan way for a change. It is all about process, enabling people to exercise their rights and making sure everything is run according to Hoyle.

None the less, even if I am out of partisan action for the day, I am still a political junkie so, as soon as those ballots are counted and the seals in place I will be racing home to eagerly watch the rest of the results come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or disagree, I would love to hear from anyone who visits the site