|Bret, the Drug Sniffing Dog Gets Pink Slip|
Not so long ago when people were grabbing at early retirement packages and the governments were talking about jobs for new and creative young workers prospects looked good for high school grads entering university. Everything was coming up roses.
Today the Blue Meanies have shifted their stance. Today it is screw young workers, make people work longer, no access to Old Age Security until 67 and take a hands off approach while corporations default on workers' pensions.
To add to the misery, Harper is getting hands on in adding to the misery, cutting about 20,000 jobs within the next three years.
It is hard to get a handle on it because instead of just being up front about it all, they pretend they are doing a great job for Canadians with warm and fuzzy messaging, while all the while they are, day by day announcing job and program cuts.
- More that 1500 scientists, vets, engineers and medical doctor's jobs are on the chopping block
- The food Canadian Inspection Agency is laying off 344 people including many of the inspectors they just hired as damage control after the listeria crisis.
- Natural Resources Canada is giving 156 people the boot
- One hundred people are losing their jobs at Environment Canada
- Something like 700 economists and social scientists are heading out the door
- And perhaps the most surprising of all, all of the drug dogs in with Canada Border Services in Atlantic Canada are getting their pink slips.
Wait! Stop! Tell me it ain't so. The law and order government that wants to bring in mandatory jail sentences for the heinous crime of growing five or more marijuana plants. The government that along with the crazy Americans just told the rest of the hemisphere to pound sand when they suggested that drug laws were not working and should be relaxed, wants to make it easier to bring drugs into Canada.
Works for me.