06/05/2011

I Guess This Just Isn't Scilla Country

I used to live on the west end of the Island of Montreal. In fact I lived in the area three different time in my life. Once in my teens, later when I worked at CFCF television and again for about 10 years starting in the mid eighties. My mother still lives there so, I am back fairly often.

It is a lovely mix of old suburbia and historic villages established in the 1700's.

There isn't a nicer time than spring on the West Island so it was the memory of front lawns blue with scilla that prompted me head to the garden centre a few years ago to find some bulbs and plant them in my lawn here in Regina.

I am not quite sure what went wrong but instead of a subtle blue carpet I managed to produce three scraggly blue flowers. Perhaps I should try growing wheat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or disagree, I would love to hear from anyone who visits the site