|Ask yourself. What do these two Guys Have in Common?|
I confess however, that it is becoming tougher and tougher to find that warm feeling these days. We are tested daily by more and more unlikely explanations from Prime Minister Stephen Harper and his cabinet colleagues that truly test our ability to suspend our disbelief.
The list is so long it boggles our imagination,
- the trough Tony Clement rolled for his constituents during the G8,
- the untendered fighter jet contracts for aircraft that have become white elephants even before the first one comes off the production line,
- The in-out scandal
- people concerned about our environment being compared to terrorists,
- Citizens concerns about privacy being called supporters of child molesters,
- A polling firm tied to the Cons called constituents in Liberal Irwin Cotler's Montreal riding their MP was about to or had resigned and that a by-election was imminent.
- the supports of the gun registry being compared to Hitler. You know the list. I could go on and on.
Even hard line Conservatives are jumping ship.
It is reported in the Toronto Star that it has become so bad that a former Conservative member who was a director of Conservative electoral district association boards in the Ontario communities of Guelph and Kitchener-Center says he regrets every working for Harper’s Party.
Victor Pocaterra of, Kitchener says “They have gone against Canadian values and have made a joke out of our democracy.” He goes on to say “Canada is a great nation, built by a people who value hard work, taking responsibility for one’s actions and above all honesty. The government that sits in Ottawa values only power and cannibalizes its own in order to save face.
As someone who has seen what is talked about in the party, I can only say God help Canada in the next four years. Because it won’t be the country that veterans, like my grandfather fought so hard to protect.”
The last few days have revealed election fraud which Canada's former chief electoral officer says is unprecedented in the country's electoral history.
Elections Canada has traced fraudulent phone calls made during the federal election to an Edmonton company that worked for the Conservatives and for Harper.
If he had his hands on all this, I am sure he would made sure there was a distance between him and who ever initiated the misleading calls in 40 closely contested ridings during the election. Like Tony Soprano, he wouldn't have to be specific. They boys knew what to do.
It is quite a stretch to imagine these that a control freak like Harper would not be aware of this stuff going on. A massive campaign like this one is not the work of a couple of young over eager rogue part time workers. It smells like something much bigger. It is just how things look. If I am out on a limb here I apologize but let's wait to see what the RCMP have to say.
This contempt for the democratic process and for the people of Canada is too much for me to swallow and should be too much for most Canadians.
Let’s hope it it finally the beginning of the end.