31/05/2010

I'm Going to miss Dennis Hopper

I was sorry to read about one of my favourites moving on. Dennis Hopper made more films than most actors, some really good, others quite forgettable.

Dennis Hopper was in some of the first films I went to with my friends as a boy. Films like Rebel Without a Cause, Giant and Gun Fight at the OK Corral  kept us glued to our seats as 11 and 12 year olds.

 His characters were always a bit complicated. He seldom played characters that were really likable. He pushed the envelope on screen and off with  Easy Rider, Apocalypse Now, Blue Velvet or  River's Edge.

Even in his bad movies and there were a few of those, Hopper stood out. 

  He died Saturday at 72.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or disagree, I would love to hear from anyone who visits the site