20/01/2010

Killing for God


The USA has always had difficulty with the concept referred to as the separation of church and state. It always strikes me as odd that in a country which claims welcome people from every culture, even their money says "In God we trust" It must make it uncomfortable for those who don't fit into that handy Judeau-Christian slot.

Just like many sports teams that have a little prayer asking God for help before going out onto the field to beat the crap out of each other, the Army, and Air Force in particular are out there, killing the enemy for God. This whole thing is just a bit too close to the Al-Qaeda philosophy for me.

Today I read several stories on line revealing that the rifle sights the US Army and Marines use are stamped with Bible references John 8:12 and Corinthians 4:6.

I don't know about you, but this whole thing gives me the creeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or disagree, I would love to hear from anyone who visits the site