10/04/2010

ItJust might be Spring


In Saskatchewan when it looks and feels like spring in April, in all probability it is just some meteorlogical prank.

Oh sure, you get your lawn raked and you almost feel like its time to get the fish pond going when you get another taste of winter. We were lucky yesterday, a major storm hit just a few kilometeres north of where we are. Semi trailers were actually blown over in the wind and the visibility was down to almost zero in blowing snow. Here in Regina we got wind gusting up to 106 km but temperatures stayed above freezing.

Today it was still windy and cooler but still springlike so, I thought since I am on my own this weekend, what better than a rib steak cooked on the old BBQ. It isn't the first meal I've cooked outdoors this season but I thought in a kind of celebration of the winter storm passing us I'd thumb my nose at mother nature and grill a steak. It just seemed like an appropriate thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or disagree, I would love to hear from anyone who visits the site